At Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery, breast augmentation is less about transformation and more about restoration. We focus on returning a woman’s body to a youthful state in a way that looks natural and graceful.
For many patients in Appleton and Green Bay, breast augmentation is their first experience with plastic surgery. Dr. Sauerhammer and our staff do everything we can to make it comfortable, to support them, and to exceed their expectations.
This is possible in part because Dr. Sauerhammer understands the needs of her patients. She’s a young mother of two, one of a few plastic surgeons in Northeast Wisconsin, and someone who grew up in our community. This perspective, along with nearly a decade in practice as a board-certified plastic surgeon, guides patients towards results that have them asking, “Why did I wait so long to do this?”
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Some common goals that women have with surgery include:
- Fuller, more youthful-looking breasts. Pregnancy and the aging process can lead to volume loss, and restoring fullness to the breasts can rejuvenate your appearance.
- Better symmetry. While every woman has some degree of asymmetry between their breasts, significant asymmetry can cause aesthetic concerns, which surgery can resolve.
- Improved confidence. Many of our Appleton and Green Bay patients are frustrated they can’t wear the clothes they like, fill out a bra like before, or feel attractive in a bathing suit. Breast augmentation restores their fuller figure and self-image.
- Gender confirmation. Dr. Sauerhammer performs breast augmentation surgery to help a patient’s body reflect their gender identity.
Is Breast Augmentation Right for You?
As part of your care, Dr. Sauerhammer will take the time to get to know you, talk through your questions, and help you make decisions about treatment. You may be a candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You desire larger breasts to better fit your frame.
- Your breasts aren’t as youthful and full as you’d like.
- You aren’t confidently able to wear the clothes, swimsuits, or undergarments you desire.
- You would like to have more symmetric breasts
Many patients will benefit from a breast lift in addition to or instead of a breast augmentation. Most augmentations provide a small amount of lift, but women with significant sagging may need a lift procedure to get the results they want.
What Is the Recovery from Breast Augmentation Like?
Dr. Sauerhammer performs breast augmentation surgery under general anesthesia. This allows our Appleton and Green Bay patients to rest comfortably throughout their procedure. During your surgery, Dr. Sauerhammer will use gentle and precise technique to limit trauma for an easier recovery. She will also apply a long-acting local anesthetic to improve your comfort following surgery. Typically, patients require the most care during the first three days of their recovery.
Most take at least one week off work, while many take two weeks because of the physical demands of their job. Patients generally return to non-strenuous activities within two weeks and all activities after four to six weeks. Swelling and tenderness are common, and you can expect to wear a supportive bra for the first week. It can take up to six months for swelling to subside and for implants to settle into their normal and natural position. By that point, you should be able to enjoy a youthful, beautiful change in your appearance.
Pricing for Breast Augmentation in Appleton and Green Bay
Breast augmentation procedures usually range from $7,000 to $10,000. The two biggest factors that affect the price at our practice are:
- The type of implant that Dr. Sauerhammer places. Certain styles and materials are more expensive but are a better option for achieving a patient’s goals.
- If it is a standalone procedure. Patients may opt to combine breast augmentation with breast lift surgery, which can provide an improvement in shape and a higher position as well as an increase in size.
To learn more about pricing and to explore your options with breast augmentation, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our practice.