Injectables are a great non-invasive option to address signs of aging including wrinkles, fine lines, jowls, and loss of volume. They can also be used for refreshing your look, a less worried or tired appearance, smoother-looking skin, and improved confidence.
The two pros of injectables are more immediate results compared to surgery and there is little to no downtime. View our Injectable services below and schedule your consultation with our Licensed Aesthetician to find out which options are ideal for you.
Benefits of Injectables: What Can They Do for You
At the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Sauerhammer offers injectables for patients who are looking for dramatic yet natural-looking changes to their appearance. Many times, injectables are used to further enhance surgical procedures, but they can also be used to prevent undesirable signs of aging to the face or improve the signs of aging that have already set in.
- Getting injectables is a relatively painless process. To ensure you are comfortable during your treatment session, Dr. Sauerhammer will apply a numbing treatment to your skin to reduce discomfort.
- Injectables come with little to no downtime. A huge benefit of this anti-aging treatment is that you can get back to your daily activities immediately after receiving your injectables.
- Injectables make your skincare routine more effective. Because injectables work to smooth your skin, your skincare products will apply more evenly and completely, making your entire routine more effective in the long run.
- Injectables are a cost-effective treatment option for minor signs of aging. For those who only have slight signs of aging, injectables can work wonders for a much lower cost than a surgical procedure to treat the effects of aging.
- Reduced chance of side effects. Injectables come with very low risk. Most patients will not have any side effects, though sometimes minor discomfort in the treatment area may be present for a few days after treatment.
Are You Ready to Improve Your Appearance?
Dr. Sauerhammer is committed to truly understanding your unique goals and devotes herself to providing high-quality, life-changing results for every patient, every time. If you are ready to learn more about how the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery can help you achieve your ideal image, call our office today to request a consultation!
Injectables Post Op Instructions.
Because every patient is unique, everyone’s experience with injectables will also vary to some degree. It is important to understand that injectables require maintenance, and failure to continue receiving injectables as recommended by Dr. Sauerhammer will lead to a decrease of results and possibly the reappearance of signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles, sunken cheeks, and thinner lips. Be sure to consult with Dr. Sauerhammer to find out what she recommends for your specific care and injectable routine.
While there is little to no downtime associated with injectables, there are some things you should be aware of regarding injectables aftercare. Be sure to follow these instructions to ensure you enjoy the best results possible.
- You may experience slight swelling, redness, or tenderness immediately after your injection. However, it is important to note that this is normal and will dissipate within 1-2 days.
- If you do experience any swelling or redness after your treatment, do not expose the treatment area to extreme temperatures.
Stay well-hydrated to decrease chances of swelling after receiving your injection.
- If needed, you may gently apply an ice pack to the treatment area in 15-minute increments for the first three hours after your treatment. However, be sure to wrap the ice pack in a towel before applying it to your skin to lessen the intense cold.
- Do not touch or rub the treatment area for several hours after your injection. After that time, you can wash the area gently, or apply makeup if desired.
Avoid alcohol and extreme exercise for at least 12 hours following your injection.
- Do not wear a tight hat, bandana, or headband, as these could cause your injections to displace from their intended area.