Most people in Appleton and Green Bay aim to have bright, healthy, and youthful-looking skin. A treatment option designed to help you achieve this goal is the Hydrafacial.
The Hydrafacial becomes more popular each year, and for a good reason: it can both cleanse and exfoliate to provide you with more supple, radiant skin.
What Is a Hydrafacial?
A Hydrafacial works like microdermabrasion by gently exfoliating your skin and removing dead skin cells. After the process, special serums and creams can enhance the results and keep your skin at its healthiest.
It is a good treatment option for everyone, but especially people with:
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
The Hydrafacial has three stages to help you achieve the results you want. The first stage is cleansing the treatment area, with your dermatology physician assistant using a special device to clear away dirt, oil, and dead skin thoroughly.
The next step is to remove debris from the skin, requiring a special vacuum-like attachment.
The final step is to add serums to your skin that can moisturize and provide antioxidant protection.
The Harmony XL Pro offers even more with the ClearLift module. The Q-Switched lasers can reach into your skin, providing the exact heat necessary to stimulate collagen and elastin production to help your skin look smoother and younger.
The Hydrafacial and ClearLift procedures work perfectly together; the Hydrafacial targets the top skin layer, while ClearLift works on the deeper layers. This amazing combination is known as a HydraLift.
The Benefits of Hydrafacials
Hydrafacials keep your skin hydrated and provide skin care benefits with just one treatment. Here are some of the top benefits of a Hydrafacial:
- Improves skin texture: Hydrafacials use suction and water to deeply exfoliate and clean your skin, removing dirt and dead cells from the surface for improved skin texture.
- Boosts collagen production: The suction caused by the Hydrafacial stimulates collagen production, which helps your skin appear plumper and reduces wrinkles.
- Reduces pore size: Dead cells, dirt, and oil buildup can clog pores leading to enlarged pores. A Hydrafacial helps remove these impurities, clearing your pores and reducing their size.
- Hydrates the skin: During a Hydrafacial, the machine infuses the skin with intense hydration, which helps keep your skin looking supple and nourished.
- Fights acne-causing bacteria: One of the most important benefits of a Hydrafacial is its ability to combat acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin, helping to reduce breakouts.
Hydrafacial treatments gently cleanse the skin, remove dead cells and dirt buildup, and infuse hydration. The treatment begins with a deep cleansing of your skin using a vacuum-like device to remove impurities. Next, a light peel exfoliates the surface of the skin. Finally, your skincare provider will apply a hyaluronic acid serum to nourish the skin and boost hydration levels. This process only takes around 30 minutes and contains no downtime or irritation.
Recovery and Aftercare
After a Hydrafacial, you may experience mild redness or irritation, which should disappear within a few hours. It’s important to follow the right aftercare steps to maximize the results of your treatment, including:
Avoiding direct sunlight for 24 hours
Keeping your skin moisturized with a gentle, non-irritating moisturizer
Avoiding any harsh skincare products that can irritate the skin
Refraining from activities that cause excessive sweating or heat buildup
Not using makeup for at least 8 hours after the treatment
Improve Your Skin Today
With HydraFacial, you can get brighter and smoother skin.
Take advantage of this procedure’s benefits and visit our aesthetician Melanie Spencer, at the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery. She will provide high-quality care to help you achieve radiant skin you’ll love.
Read more about our wide range of dermatology options available today in Appleton and Green Bay, WI.