Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery offers women a range of aesthetic solutions to rejuvenate their bodies following pregnancy and childbirth. With a mommy makeover, we help patients restore fullness, firmness, and youthfulness in a natural-looking and graceful way.
Dr. Sauerhammer performs breast, body, and facial procedures for our Appleton and Green Bay patients. She is a board-certified plastic surgeon with nearly a decade of experience and one of the only female plastic surgeons in northern Wisconsin. For every patient, she is committed to providing exceptional care and a beautiful outcome.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
With a mommy makeover, women can renew the features of their body that may have changed after having children. Depending on the procedures you choose to have, the benefits include:
- Larger, fuller breasts. Dr. Sauerhammer frequently performs breast augmentation for Appleton and Green Bay patients as part of a mommy makeover. Other patients prefer to have a reduction that reshapes and decreases the size of their breasts.
- Breasts that sit higher and firmer on the chest. With a lift, Dr. Sauerhammer can raise your breasts to an earlier and more youthful state.
- A flat belly. Tummy tuck surgery removes the excess skin that many women develop around their abdomen after having children or significant weight loss. The procedure may also include tightening and strengthening the abdominal muscles which have been stretched during pregnancy.
Patients often want to know if they can have all of their procedures in a single surgical session. Dr. Sauerhammer and her staff will discuss this with you during your consultation. Our recommendation about combining procedures will be based on how much surgical time is needed and what we see as the safest approach to your care.
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
A mommy makeover can be an excellent option if your goal is aesthetic rejuvenation with the fewest number of surgeries and the least amount of recovery time. Some factors that you should consider when deciding to have a mommy makeover include:
- The features you want to target. Most mommy makeovers address the breasts and belly since these are the areas that pregnancy tends to affect the most.
- What your goals are (instead of which specific procedure you want). In many cases, Appleton and Green Bay patients have been happier with their results because they had a breast augmentation instead of a lift or a tummy tuck instead of liposuction. By knowing how you want to look, our practice can focus on outcomes instead of a given procedure.
- Whether you plan to have more children, a tummy tuck can give you a flatter and firmer belly, but the effects of the surgery may be lost if you become pregnant.
What Is the Recovery from a Mommy Makeover Like?
Your recovery will depend on which procedures you choose to have and whether they are combined into a single surgical session or multiple surgeries. In guiding your decisions, your safety and comfort will be our top priorities.
Dr. Sauerhammer performs breast and body procedures under general anesthesia. Precise technique and an artistic eye help her produce the most natural-looking, attractive results possible. Typically, Appleton and Green Bay patients go home on the same day as their surgery, and a long-acting local anesthetic reduces their discomfort for several hours afterward.
Most patients take two weeks off after a mommy makeover. Swelling and tenderness are common following procedures. Women who have breast surgery will wear a supportive bra, and if you have a tummy tuck or breast reduction, Dr. Sauerhammer will place drains to reduce fluid buildup and to promote healing.
You should see some of the benefits of surgery right after your mommy makeover: a tummy tuck will noticeably reshape your midsection, and a breast augmentation should immediately create a fuller appearance. In all, it can take up to six months for swelling to completely resolve and one year for surgical scars to flatten and fade, by which point you can enjoy the full advantages of treatment.
Pricing for a Mommy Makeover in Appleton and Green Bay
The pricing for your mommy makeover will depend on the types of procedures you choose to have and your goals with each surgery.
For example, a breast augmentation typically costs $7,000-$10,000 depending on the implant you receive, whether you also have a lift, and other factors. A standard tummy tuck is about $10,000.
Combining surgeries as part of a mommy makeover often reduces the overall cost. To learn more about pricing, treatment, and what you can expect in your results, we encourage you to visit our practice.