While several health conditions can adversely impact your skin’s appearance, our dermatology physician assistants are here to help you look and feel your best. Whether you want clear, healthy skin or a more youthful look, we are happy to offer over 34 years of combined knowledge in dermatology near Oshkosh, WI.
What Do Our Dermatology Specialists Do?
A dermatology specialist is a skincare professional who specializes in conditions that impact the skin, nails, and hair. More than 3,000 such conditions exist, and our providers have the clinical background necessary to identify, diagnose, and treat them. Our specialists also play an essential role in helping you develop robust skincare routines and alert you to any warning signs of skin cancer.
How Are Dermatology Physician Assistants Trained?
In order to become familiar with the many diseases that affect the skin, nails, and hair, our skincare specialists have received extensive training. At the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery, our dermatology physician assistants, Colleen Van Egeren, PA-C and Megan MacCarthy, PA-C, have 34 years of combined experience treating various skin conditions.
They both hold a master’s degree in physician assistant studies and are board-certified by the NCCPA. As dermatology specialists, they would love to talk with you about your needs and recommend a skin care treatment program just for you.
What Do We Treat?
Our skincare specialists can provide diagnoses and treatments for a range of conditions, including:
- Skin Cancer. Our dermatology physician assistants can evaluate the skin for any worrisome signs of cancer, recommending further testing or treatment when needed.
- Moles. Most moles are harmless, but our specialists know how to identify the ones that are potentially malignant.
- Hair loss. Our skincare specialists can evaluate the scalp to determine potential reasons for hair loss.
- Acne. Our skincare specialists work with their patients to develop strategic plans to get acne breakouts under control.
- Warts. Most warts pose no harm, but you may want to remove them for cosmetic reasons. Our specialists can provide safe and efficient wart removal.
- Eczema. This itchy skin condition leads to rash-like breakouts. Dermatological treatment can get eczema under control.
- Rosacea. Red, itchy patches on the skin can signify rosacea. A skilled provider can offer treatments to keep rosacea in check.
- Melasma. This skin condition develops as brown or gray spots, which sometimes resemble blotches or freckles. Our specialists can offer effective treatments.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic condition, but the intervention of a dermatology provider can keep symptoms at bay.
- Anti-aging skincare. Your provider will be glad to suggest skincare products and routines that can alleviate wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
- Nail disease. Our specialists can treat skin and nails, and offer treatments for various nail diseases.
- Skin tags. Skin tags are harmless, but when they rub against your clothing, they may become irritated. Our specialists can help with removal.
When Should I See a Dermatology Provider?
If you have a skin problem that doesn’t go away after a few days, it’s best to see a skincare professional. Some specific conditions that may prompt you to seek dermatological care include:
- Active acne that you cannot get under control
- Moles that change in size, shape, or color
- Hives or rashes that will not go away
- Scars from acne
- Hair loss
- Persistent nail disorders, including fungus
What Kinds of Treatment Are Available?
Our dermatology team is happy to provide a range of treatment options to patients near Oshkosh area, including:
- Photofacials. Intense pulses of light can correct problems with skin tone, texture, or color.
- Photodynamic Therapy. By combining light with photosynthesizing chemicals, your provider can treat acne and a range of other skin conditions.
- Microneedling. This treatment creates countless tiny injuries in your skin, prompting the natural production of collagen and rejuvenating your facial appearance.
- Chemical peels. Chemical peels remove blemished or unhealthy layers of the skin, revealing new skin layers underneath.
- DiamondTome™ Microdermabrasion. With this treatment, we can sand away the outer layer of your skin, removing imperfections in the process.
- Extractions. Our dermatology physician assistants can remove build-up in your pores using manual or mechanical methods.
- Skin Cancer Screening. We will provide a full evaluation of your skin, noting any worrisome signs of cancer.
- Mole Removal. Our providers can identify any moles that appear cancerous. We can also provide mole removal as needed.
- Psoriasis Treatment. We provide clinical treatment for psoriasis, offering ways to keep symptoms under control.
- Acne Treatment. Maintain a clear, radiant complexion with our personalized acne management strategies.
- Rosacea Treatment. Our specialists can recommend the best ways to keep the symptoms of rosacea under control.
Quality Dermatology Near Oshkosh: Your Trusted Partner for Skin Health
Ready to experience the transformative power of skilled dermatology care? We’ve spent nearly a decade nurturing skin, hair, and nails back to optimum health at the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery. We’re thrilled to offer our comprehensive dermatology services to the Oshkosh, WI area.
Why wait another day for your journey towards healthier, more radiant skin? Schedule your appointment today at (920) 380-9890.