Motherhood is a gift and one of life’s most wonderful experiences. However, while you love your children, you likely yearn for the body that you had before their arrival. Looking in the mirror to see sagging breasts, excess belly and thigh fat, and stretch marks is humbling—and could make you feel older than you are, which can impact your happiness and self-esteem.
At the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Sauerhammer, a board-certified plastic surgeon and a mother herself, understands the aesthetic worries mothers face. She is proud to offer mommy makeover surgery to her patients near Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and enable them to realize a more slender and lean pre-pregnancy physique.
The mommy makeover is a comprehensive plastic surgery treatment, and it is customized to address a woman’s concerns regarding her body. In a mommy makeover, multiple body areas are enhanced and restored through breast enhancement and body contouring surgeries.
Some of the procedures typically included in a mommy makeover include breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, and labiaplasty. These procedures are designed to lift, tuck, tone, remove excess fat and skin, eliminate stubborn fat, and more.
There are many benefits in pursuing a mommy makeover, as the procedures can help you realize a renewed figure and more self-confidence about your body. Additionally, some physical benefits of a mommy makeover are:
- Breasts that are full, large, and voluptuous. Should you wish, you can enhance your breasts and improve their appearance, getting rid of sagging.
- Reshaped breasts. If you feel like you would prefer a breast reduction while also removing excess skin, this is possible as it is your preference.
- A flat, toned belly. The mommy makeover allows you to get rid of fat and skin around your midsection and can eliminate stretch marks.
- Eliminate excess fat through liposuction that targets the belly, thighs, and hips.
No matter how you wish to reinvent your body—there is a solution through a mommy makeover.
You may be a candidate for mommy makeover surgery if you wish to correct two or more of these breast and body changes:
- Fat on the tummy, thighs, hips, back, or butt that is localized and stubborn
- Stretch marks across your lower abdomen
- Large or oversized areolas
- Nipples that point downward
- Saggy breasts or nipples that hang below the natural breast crease
- Breasts that have lost symmetry or look deflated due to weight fluctuations related to pregnancy, breastfeeding, or other reasons
- Weakened or flabby abdominal muscles
Additionally, these factors will be considered by your plastic surgeon:
- You are in good physical health
- You have realistic expectations and a healthy mindset
- You do not anticipate having more children—while you may feel that your family is complete, realize that future pregnancies could impact your mommy makeover results
- You are willing to stop smoking and drinking alcohol prior to and after the surgery for recovery purposes
- You have a good support system and people willing to help you as you recover
If you are excited by the prospect of getting a mommy makeover then you are likely also curious about its price.
As mommy makeovers are unique to each woman’s needs and may require multiple surgeries, there is not a standard rate that can be quoted. It will be necessary to meet with Dr. Sauerhammer directly to discuss your needs and your aesthetic vision. From there, a price can be established.
However, as a point of reference, mommy makeovers have an average range of $10K to $20K
Are You Ready to Improve Your Appearance?
Dr. Sauerhammer is committed to truly understanding your unique goals and devotes herself to providing high-quality, life-changing results for every patient, every time. If you are ready to learn more about how the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery can help you achieve your ideal image, call our office today to request a consultation!
Depending on how many surgeries you pursue, it may be possible to incorporate all your procedures into one surgical session. However, this is not guaranteed, and multiple sessions may be needed to ensure safety. To determine this, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Additionally, as each mommy makeover is different, the surgical process is dependent on the procedures you are pursuing. The majority of procedures that are incorporated into a mommy makeover are completed on an outpatient basis and while using general anesthesia, so you feel minimal pain.
You are encouraged to speak with your plastic surgeon about your mommy makeover and ask for a customized plan, so you know what to expect.
The post-op recovery process will be as unique to you as your surgeries. Depending on how extensive the surgery is, your recovery time may vary from that experienced by other patients. Some patients may recover within a few weeks, and others may require more time. Additionally, timelines for when you can return to work, exercise, physical activity, as well as your daily household demands might vary.
In order to understand what your recovery process will encompass, it is necessary to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. Sauerhammer and the team at the Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about a mommy makeover.