Everyone wants to have clear, healthy, youthful skin. While there are a number of health conditions that can adversely impact your skin’s appearance, our dermatology physician assistants have the experience needed to help you look and feel your best. We are happy to offer over 32 years of combined knowledge in full dermatology services to our patients near Oshkosh, WI area.
What Do Dermatology Specialists Do?
A dermatology specialist is a skincare professional who specializes in conditions that impact the skin, nails, and hair. There are more than 3,000 such conditions in existence, and our providers have the clinical background necessary to identify, diagnose, and treat each one of them. Our specialists also play an important role in helping their patients develop robust skincare routines, and in alerting them to any warning signs of skin cancer.
How are Dermatology Physician Assistants Trained?
In order to become familiar with the many diseases that affect the skin, nails, and hair, our skincare specialists have received extensive training. Collectively, our dermatology physician assistants have over 32 years of experience in this field. Megan MacCarthy, PA-C and Colleen VanEgeren, PA-C both hold a master’s degree in physician assistant studies and are board-certified by the NCCPA.
What Do Dermatology Physician Assistants Treat?
Our skincare specialists can provide diagnoses and treatments for a range of conditions, including:
- Skin Cancer. Our dermatology physician assistants can evaluate the skin for any worrisome signs of cancer, recommending further testing or treatment when needed.
- Mole Evaluation. Most moles are harmless, but our specialists know how to identify the ones that are potentially malignant.
- Hair loss. Our skincare specialists can evaluate the scalp to determine potential reasons for hair loss.
- Acne. Our skincare specialists work with their patients to develop strategic plans to get acne breakouts under control.
- Warts. Most warts are harmless, but you may wish to get rid of them for cosmetic reasons. Our specialists can provide safe and efficient wart removal.
- Eczema. This itchy skin condition leads to rash-like breakouts. Dermatological treatment can get eczema under control.
- Rosacea. Rosacea is characterized by red, itchy patches on the skin. A skilled provider can offer treatments to keep rosacea in check.
- Melasma. This skin condition is characterized by brown or gray spots, which can sometimes look like blotches or freckles. Our specialists can offer effective treatments.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic condition, but the intervention of a dermatology provider can keep symptoms at bay.
- Anti-aging skincare. Your provider will be glad to suggest skincare products and routines that can alleviate wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
- Nail disease. In addition to the skin, our specialists also treat the nails, and can provide treatments for a wide range of nail diseases.
- Skin tags. Skin tags are harmless, but when they rub against your clothing, they may become irritated. Our specialists can help with removal.
When Should I See a Dermatology Provider?
Anytime you have a troubling skin condition that does not resolve on its own, after a matter of a few days, we would recommend seeing a skincare specialist. Some specific conditions that may prompt you to seek dermatological care include:
- Active acne that you cannot get under control
- Moles that change in size, shape, or color
- Hives or rashes that will not go away
- Scars from acne
- Hair loss
- Persistent nail disorders, including fungus
What Kinds of Treatment Are Available?
Our dermatology team is happy to provide a range of treatment options to patients near Oshkosh area, including:
- Eclipse PRP® “Vampire Facials.” Rejuvenate your skin by harnessing the body’s innate healing capabilities.
- Photofacials. Intense pulses of light can be used to correct problems with skin tone, texture, or color.
- Photodynamic Therapy. By combining light with photosynthesizing chemicals, your provider can treat acne and a range of other skin conditions.
- Microneedling. This treatment creates countless tiny injuries in your skin, prompting the natural production of collagen and rejuvenating your facial appearance.
- Chemical peels. Chemical peels remove blemished or unhealthy layers of the skin, revealing new skin layers underneath.
- DiamondTome™ Microdermabrasion. With this treatment, we can sand away the outer layer of your skin, removing imperfections in the process.
- Extractions. If you have build-up in your pores, our dermatology physician assistants can clear them out with either manual or mechanical methods.
- Skin Cancer Screening. We will provide a full evaluation of your skin, noting any worrisome signs of cancer.
- Mole Screening. Our providers can identify any moles that appear cancerous. We can also provide mole removal as needed.
- Psoriasis Treatment. We provide clinical treatment for psoriasis, offering ways to keep symptoms under control.
- Acne Treatment. Keep breakouts in check with our custom acne treatment plans.
- Rosacea Treatment. Our specialists can recommend the best ways to keep the symptoms of rosacea under control.
Seek Dermatology Care from Wisconsin Institute of Plastic Surgery
For close to a decade, our practice has provided comprehensive care for the skin, hair, and nails. We are pleased to deliver robust dermatology services to patients near Oshkosh, WI area.
To schedule an appointment, reach out to our office today at (920) 380-9890.